A9watch, etc.

News, reviews, and commentary about A9.com, other new search technologies, and related topics. Send news, inquiries, and rants to randalldotnewton atgmaildotcom. Subscribe at http://feeds.feedburner.com/A9watchEtc.

Friday, May 07, 2004

File Paths Appear in Search History

Yesterday when I opened A9, three searches that I did not make appeared in my search history. They are not topics, per se, but file paths. They are all similar:

“cgi-bin/dasp/EN/helppane___9080000001F.js”
“cgi-bin/dasp/EN/hotmail___90805000454.js”
“cgi-bin/dasp/EN/hotmail___9080050023.css”

I reported it to A9.com via their feedback mechanism (which I think needs to be more in tune with beta testing; right now it feels like a typical customer service page); I don’t expect an answer. But I would be curious if other readers have seen similar listings in their search history pages.

A9 is very clearly marked at a Beta version. That means it is still undergoing testing, and not considered a finished product. So, users should expect anomalies like this as they work out the kinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home