A9watch, etc.

News, reviews, and commentary about A9.com, other new search technologies, and related topics. Send news, inquiries, and rants to randalldotnewton atgmaildotcom. Subscribe at http://feeds.feedburner.com/A9watchEtc.

Friday, April 23, 2004

Want Gmail? Get Blogger

THIS POSTING IS NOT COMPLETELY ACCURATE. SEE OUR UPDATE OF APRIL 26. PORTIONS IN ITALICS ARE WRONG

An invitation to join Google’s Gmail beta test is the hottest ticket in cyberspace right now. Subscribers to Blogger.com are now being invited to apply for an account. So, if you want to give Gmail a try, set up a free account with Blogger, and then follow the Gmail link from the subscriber home page.

I started using my Gmail account yesterday, and found that, at times, site login was painfully slow. At other times it was about as fast as the average website. I’ve already sent in my first suggestion to the development team; I think Gmail would be a killer RSS newsreader, due to its built-in search.

Be the first to write to me at my new account: randall.newton at gmail.com

Blogger.com users are getting a chance to sign up for Gmail because Google owns Blogger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home