A9watch, etc.

News, reviews, and commentary about A9.com, other new search technologies, and related topics. Send news, inquiries, and rants to randalldotnewton atgmaildotcom. Subscribe at http://feeds.feedburner.com/A9watchEtc.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Gmail Invitations Become Fussy

Google is asking current Gmail users to invite new uses into the service. Last week, I had no problem clicking the invite link, but today every attempt is stopped in its tracks. An error message appears:

“Grrr! A popup blocker may be preventing Gmail from opening the page. If you have a popup blocker, try disabling it to open the window.”

I haven’t changed any settings on any of the three browsers I have installed (Microsoft Internet Explorer 6; Mozilla Firefox 0.9.1, and Mozilla 1.7), but the response is the same no matter which browser I use.

Gmail is in beta testing, of course, so the occasional glitch is to be expected. I hope they fix this one soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home